How to survive the most depressing day of the year...have a wardrobe refresh

Pin It Now!


In the news on Saturday it said that January 17th is (statistically) the most depressing day of the year. I didn't feel remotely depressed to be honest, the sun was shining and it was the weekend but I felt it was a good excuse to go shopping. I got some 'Wallis' vouchers for Christmas so I thought I'd go and spend them on the most depressing day of the year.

With the new seasons clothes coming in rather than buying 1 item I wanted to buy a few key pieces to update my existing wardrobe and give it a refresh ready for the spring.

Here's my haul....

Scarf
I'm a big believer in the power of the scarf. By adding this leopard print scarf to my trusted biker jacket its a great finishing touch to this basic wardrobe piece.



Graphic Leopard Print Scarf



Bag
A new bag can change your whole look and transform a whole outfit. I went for this one because I wanted to add some colour and its BIG!

Red Shopper Bag


Printed Trousers
Printed trousers are a bit like Marmite you either love them or hate them, I've grown to love them. It's a trend that's been around for a while and doesn't look like moving on just yet. Great for a casual or evening look and this pair are extremely comfortable.
Monochrome printed Trousers from Wallis
Blazer
A classic Blazer which will carry me through until Autumn. I went for a neutral shade so it can be worn with anything.
Stone Ponte Jacket



I hope you like my wardrobe refresh January 17th certainly wasn't depressing for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment